Spine Training and Fellowships
The candidate works in the capacity of a clinical registrar in the Department of Spine Surgery, Park Clinic and is duty-bound to assist in the operating rooms, go round all admitted patients and see patients in the clinic. He has specific targets so far as presentation and publications are concerned. Applications are usually invited/advertised in April/May and the selection is over by August. The selected candidate joins from 1st October for a period of 2 years. Following are the details:
- Two year full time spine fellowship
- Mostly clinical with some research obligations
- Fellow works as a Registrar with full clinical responsibility.
- MS/DNB in Orthopedics or MCh/DNB in Neurosurgery.
- Active interest in developing spine as a full time specialty.
- Must have permanent registration with the MCI (Medical Council of India).
- Strong emphasis on publications and presentations.
- Must have complete command in English and Hindi with an extra vernacular language skills (preferably in Bengali) an added advantage, though not mandatory.
- Will have to maintain and submit complete log book and final evaluation form.
- He has to meet the requisite criteria of minimum presentations/publications during his fellowship.
- Fixed stipend of Rs. 6,24,000/- per annum.
SRF fellowship is now amalgamated with the ASSI (Association of Spine Surgeons of India) fellowship and for required information please follow the link :
click for a list of spine research fellowships 2010 – 2016